Media: Zeitgeist - Nokia offers true high rollers the opportunity to be king of bling with the £17,000 Vertu
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
Know how irritating it can be to reach the end of the week and find you still have £17,000 in loose change jangling in your pockets? Well, Zeitgeist thinks it has found a way of lightening your load.
We'd go further than that - we would suggest the Vertu mobile phone handset from Nokia, especially the platinum one (retailing at £17,050), is really starting to sort sheep from goats in a major way.
According to the Nokia bumf, the Vertu handset's cool lustre and distinctive weight (no, we're not sure what that means either) exudes substance and style. Apparently, it is also filled with cunning bits you will not find in your average mobile too.
Phone as jewellery and status tag is an idea whose time has come, according to Nokia and its new agency, WCRS, and when you realise that the Vertu range actually has models as cheap as a paltry £3,500, who can gainsay them?
The thing: Nokia Vertu
The bling: Hallmarked precious-metal casings
The sting: Up to £17,050
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Dot-Gap £60k , London Central
- Artworker AF Selection £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned