Turner Broadcasting hands UK channels to Richard Kilgarriff
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
Turner Broadcasting has given Richard Kilgarriff responsibility for running its entire portfolio of UK entertainment channels, after he was promoted to senior vice-president and general manager.
He was previously the vice-president and director of channels but has now been given direct responsibility for Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Toonami and TCM. The managers of each channel will report directly to him. He will continue as a consultant to Turner's news network, CNN International.
His promotion is part of a bigger European restructure that sees the creation of three general manager positions to lead the company's strategy in each local market.
In addition to Kilgarriff's promotion, Dee Forbes, the senior vice-president of ad sales, has become the general manager for the Nordic, Central and Eastern Europe region, and Tina McCann, the senior vice-president, will be responsible for leading France, Italy and Spain. McCann will also be responsible for building Turner's new transmission business.
The responsibilities of the general managers include overseeing programming, scheduling, research, creative, marketing, ad sales and business development.
A spokesman said Kilgarriff's promotion was in recognition of his achievements since joining Turner two-and-a-half years ago.
Cartoon Network is the biggest channel for children aged four to 15.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London