MCBD pair wins July Aerial for 'new deal' Travelocity radio ad
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
Ben Tollett and Emer Stamp, a creative team at Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, have won the July Aerial Award.
Their "new deal" spot for Travelocity was judged the month's best radio campaign by Damon Collins, the out-going Lowe creative director.
Last month, another MCBD spot for Travelocity, "inside your radio", was runner-up in the Aerial Awards.
The Travelocity spot beat Radioville's "flexible-why" spot for NatWest and McCann Erickson's Nesquik ad "problem solved". Both the NatWest and Nesquik spots were named runners-up.
Tollett and Stamp used a voiceover from Alan Whicker, the star of Travelocity's TV ad campaign, cut with different sounds for every other word to illustrate that Travelocity has different travel deals each day.
Collins said: "It's uncontrived, to the point and a nice twist on the prosaic presenter route. Extra marks to the agency for demonstrating the full potential of the Fairlight Mixing Desk and for being the first people in history to make the words 'ATOL protected' sound interesting."
The winners of the monthly Aerial Awards, held in association with Campaign, are put forward to the annual Aerial Awards ceremony, to be held this year on 26 October.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show