COI hands WCRS assignment to prepare the UK for emergencies
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
COI Communications' standby agency, WCRS, has created a £3 million campaign to support the Government's Preparing for Emergencies initiative.
A booklet, created by WCRS's brand consultancy team, Dave, aims to provide practical guidance on emergency situations and presents measures that can be taken in the event of a terrorist attack.
It will be distributed by a national door-drop beginning in August. The supporting campaign launches on 26 July. As COI's standby agency, WCRS was handed the brief without a pitch.
The first wave of the campaign includes a 40-second TV spot and a radio ad, which aim to alert people of the booklet's arrival.
The TV ad, airing nationally, features a range of emergency equipment, including a fire extinguisher, emergency exit signs, a fire bell, a smoke alarm, a seatbelt and a motorway emergency telephone.
A voiceover explains how we are surrounded by things that are there just in case and, like the Government's booklet, they help keep us safe. The commercial ends with a shot of the booklet and a voiceover says: "Read it, keep it safe and then carry on with your everyday life."
The endline reads simply: "Look out for this booklet."
The second stage of advertising, in regional press, launches in September and invites people who haven't received the information to contact the Government.
The campaign was written by David Cornmell and art directed by Jane Briers. The TV ads were directed by Stuart Parr through Blink. Media planning and buying is by COI roster agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Product Manager/ Product Owner Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London