COI hands WCRS assignment to prepare the UK for emergencies
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
COI Communications' standby agency, WCRS, has created a £3 million campaign to support the Government's Preparing for Emergencies initiative.
A booklet, created by WCRS's brand consultancy team, Dave, aims to provide practical guidance on emergency situations and presents measures that can be taken in the event of a terrorist attack.
It will be distributed by a national door-drop beginning in August. The supporting campaign launches on 26 July. As COI's standby agency, WCRS was handed the brief without a pitch.
The first wave of the campaign includes a 40-second TV spot and a radio ad, which aim to alert people of the booklet's arrival.
The TV ad, airing nationally, features a range of emergency equipment, including a fire extinguisher, emergency exit signs, a fire bell, a smoke alarm, a seatbelt and a motorway emergency telephone.
A voiceover explains how we are surrounded by things that are there just in case and, like the Government's booklet, they help keep us safe. The commercial ends with a shot of the booklet and a voiceover says: "Read it, keep it safe and then carry on with your everyday life."
The endline reads simply: "Look out for this booklet."
The second stage of advertising, in regional press, launches in September and invites people who haven't received the information to contact the Government.
The campaign was written by David Cornmell and art directed by Jane Briers. The TV ads were directed by Stuart Parr through Blink. Media planning and buying is by COI roster agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition/Experiential 3D Designers - £45,000 Network Career Consultants £30000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Mid/Senior Designer Tomorrow Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, East London
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £125 - £175 per day, North London
- Director of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Canal & River Trust Competitive, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Print Senior Account Manager - TOP 5 MEDIA AGENCY Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , West End
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'