COI hands WCRS assignment to prepare the UK for emergencies
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
COI Communications' standby agency, WCRS, has created a £3 million campaign to support the Government's Preparing for Emergencies initiative.
A booklet, created by WCRS's brand consultancy team, Dave, aims to provide practical guidance on emergency situations and presents measures that can be taken in the event of a terrorist attack.
It will be distributed by a national door-drop beginning in August. The supporting campaign launches on 26 July. As COI's standby agency, WCRS was handed the brief without a pitch.
The first wave of the campaign includes a 40-second TV spot and a radio ad, which aim to alert people of the booklet's arrival.
The TV ad, airing nationally, features a range of emergency equipment, including a fire extinguisher, emergency exit signs, a fire bell, a smoke alarm, a seatbelt and a motorway emergency telephone.
A voiceover explains how we are surrounded by things that are there just in case and, like the Government's booklet, they help keep us safe. The commercial ends with a shot of the booklet and a voiceover says: "Read it, keep it safe and then carry on with your everyday life."
The endline reads simply: "Look out for this booklet."
The second stage of advertising, in regional press, launches in September and invites people who haven't received the information to contact the Government.
The campaign was written by David Cornmell and art directed by Jane Briers. The TV ads were directed by Stuart Parr through Blink. Media planning and buying is by COI roster agencies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International Media Account Manager - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package + bonus, London
- Comms Account Director -Music Brand -Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £45000 - £65000 per annum + competitive, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned