Diary: DLKW denies bursting into song for Arcadia
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 July 2004 12:00AM
Following on from last week's revelation that one agency had misjudged the prevailing mood at the retail giant Arcadia by deciding to sing in the pitch for the business, we are delighted to report that we are able to identify the guilty party.
All fingers point towards that band of merry minstrels, Messrs Delaney, Lund, Knox, Warren and their Partners. (You will, of course, remember that this is the agency that brought you "We are saving" for the Halifax, and Maybe it's Because I'm a Londoner for both Capital 95.8 FM and the London mayor Red Ken.)
While DLKW's approach was brave (the pitch was on the same day as Arcadia was forced to withdraw from the bid for Marks & Spencer), it remains to be seen if it impressed Philip Green.
The singing made an impression though - subsequent agencies were greeted with the gruff welcome: "And you're not planning to bloody well sing as well, are you?"
A DLKW source denied any knowledge of songs in their presentation. "What us? Sing? No, no, no. I very much doubt that we'd sing a song, having amusingly changed some of the words," he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)