Douglas and Hollis quit radical.media to launch company
By James Hamilton, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2004 12:00AM
The @radical.media directors Stuart Douglas and Jon Hollis are leaving the production company to form their own outfit with the freelance producer Richard Martin.
The new company, which has yet to be named, is expected to be based at the offices of Play, the post-production and visual effects facility that is run jointly by Hollis and the effects artist Tom Sparks.
Douglas has directed a number of commercials for blue-chip clients. These include "monsoon" for Waitrose, the Nike "metro" spot starring the Arsenal striker Freddie Ljungberg and the new "efforts" McDonald's ad, which features a series of pregnant women and forms part of the company's marketing campaign around this summer's Olympic Games.
Hollis is best known for his visual effects on ads such as "hold up" for Orange. He was a senior Flame operator at The Mill before going on to co-found the Smoke & Mirrors and Play facilities.
His @radical.media reel includes the PlayStation 2 spot "chasing rabbits", which features a dreaming dog, the Magic FM ad "welcome to magicland" and "watering hole" for Schweppes .
Martin, who declined to comment on the launch, has worked extensively as a freelance producer in the UK.
He has worked with Douglas on a number of commercials at @radical.media.
Hollis and Douglas still have a number of contractual obligations to fulfil at @radical.media before they can begin directing ads through their new company.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planning Director Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- MID-WEIGHT 2D DESIGNER - EVENTS AND BRANDING Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- SEO Executive - Oxford - £30K Salt £30000 per annum + standard benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Producer - Fantastic, creatively-led Integrated Agency, up to £45K + benefits Story Recruitment up to £45K + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Hair Care (Interim) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £34,000, Surrey