MediaCom Scotland lands consolidated Executive business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2004 12:00AM
The Scottish Executive has appointed MediaCom Scotland to handle its £6 million media planning and buying account.
Feather Brooksbank previously held the business but the account is moving following a review by the executive of its advertising, media and marketing agencies.
Its media account, which covers five departments of the Scottish Executive, has been consolidated into a single contract. Feather Brooksbank had previously had separate contracts with each of the five departments.
The Scottish Executive is also expected to appoint a new creative agency roster. Barkers, The Union and the now defunct Faulds Advertising made up the previous roster.
Feather Brooksbank had held the media account since the Scottish Executive was founded in 1999.
Stuart Feather, the joint managing director of Feather Brooksbank, said: "This was a big pitch and we're very proud of the pitch we've done. We thought we put together a good tender but the procurement people felt otherwise."
Feather added that reports of cutbacks at the agency following the loss were wide of the mark.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham