Diary: Cannes folk fall off the wagon and into Gutter
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2004 12:00AM
Some people just can't get enough punishment. You'd have thought that a month after the headaches had evaporated and the gnawing pain in the kidneys had dropped to its residual, manageable level, the Cannes faithful would be steering a course towards purity.
Not Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R's Helen Kimber and Golden Square Post Production's Lucy Clay, the duo who organised the delightfully titled "I can't believe it's not Gutter" night at the Zilli Bar recently. The two deserve a prize for successfully translating the "Brits abroad" format to the home market (and, in true Gutter style, irritating the neighbours in the process), while Clay is singled out for special recognition for dreaming up the name for the evening. Surely there's a copywriter's chair with her name on it somewhere if she ever gets tired of life with editors.
- Got a Diary story? E-mail email@example.com or post it to Diary editor, Campaign, 174 Hammersmith Road, London W6.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure