Diary: Lionel Blair blows up at recent FCB rebrand
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2004 12:00AM
OK, we admit it. Diary has become a bit preoccupied with the reincarnated FCB London recently. But to be fair to the chaps in Newman Street, they've been milking their big moment for all it's worth.
First, there was last week's full-page ad in Campaign promoting an oh-so-tasteful commemorative plate. (Waddyamean you haven't sent off for your priceless keepsake yet?)
Now they have just persuaded the veteran song-and-dance man Lionel Blair to star in a viral campaign to promote the agency's decision to ditch the Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB name.
Like FCB London, Blair, 69, has been staging something of a comeback in recent years (daytime TV has a lot to answer for).
Taking time out from his role as the Child Catcher in that wholesome family production Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Blair is shown in an advanced state of shock after getting a phone call about the name change. Propriety forbids us repeating the language he uses - we'll only say it would make Gordon Ramsay wince. If you want the complete earful, you can check it out at www.celebrityswears.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- B2B Marketing Manager - top role in Chester Perfect Marketing People To £40k, Chester, Cheshire
- Online Acquisition and Retention Marketing Manager - Client-side Silverdrum to £60,000 + bonus + benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / Londo...
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'