Diary: Lionel Blair blows up at recent FCB rebrand
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2004 12:00AM
OK, we admit it. Diary has become a bit preoccupied with the reincarnated FCB London recently. But to be fair to the chaps in Newman Street, they've been milking their big moment for all it's worth.
First, there was last week's full-page ad in Campaign promoting an oh-so-tasteful commemorative plate. (Waddyamean you haven't sent off for your priceless keepsake yet?)
Now they have just persuaded the veteran song-and-dance man Lionel Blair to star in a viral campaign to promote the agency's decision to ditch the Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB name.
Like FCB London, Blair, 69, has been staging something of a comeback in recent years (daytime TV has a lot to answer for).
Taking time out from his role as the Child Catcher in that wholesome family production Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Blair is shown in an advanced state of shock after getting a phone call about the name change. Propriety forbids us repeating the language he uses - we'll only say it would make Gordon Ramsay wince. If you want the complete earful, you can check it out at www.celebrityswears.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End