Diary: Lionel Blair blows up at recent FCB rebrand
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2004 12:00AM
OK, we admit it. Diary has become a bit preoccupied with the reincarnated FCB London recently. But to be fair to the chaps in Newman Street, they've been milking their big moment for all it's worth.
First, there was last week's full-page ad in Campaign promoting an oh-so-tasteful commemorative plate. (Waddyamean you haven't sent off for your priceless keepsake yet?)
Now they have just persuaded the veteran song-and-dance man Lionel Blair to star in a viral campaign to promote the agency's decision to ditch the Banks Hoggins O'Shea/FCB name.
Like FCB London, Blair, 69, has been staging something of a comeback in recent years (daytime TV has a lot to answer for).
Taking time out from his role as the Child Catcher in that wholesome family production Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Blair is shown in an advanced state of shock after getting a phone call about the name change. Propriety forbids us repeating the language he uses - we'll only say it would make Gordon Ramsay wince. If you want the complete earful, you can check it out at www.celebrityswears.com.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Sub Editor and Translator (German speaking) Major Players £25000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Major Players £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Agile Project Manager, E-commerce, Analytics, Agile, Data Salt £50000 - £78000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Proudction Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran