Diary:Ebay users get to put a price on friendship
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
Ever wished your friends would remember your birthday, or not be so tight-fisted that they never buy you a birthday present, or just let you know what they're up to?
Maybe you need a good deodorant or you are just one of life's natural saddos.
But fear not - help is at hand. Neill Garfield, a new-media specialist at COI Communications, is selling his friendship on Ebay. To the highest bidder goes the offer of two text messages a week, a ten-minute phone call a month, a birthday card with a £15 gift and photos to show any other friends.
Garfield has promised to give the money he raises to charity. However, social inadequates are proving elusive; when Campaign last checked, bidding stood at £10.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Product Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Associate Sales Director Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Creative Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Junior Product Manager Aspire £25000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, London
- Online Marketing Executive Michael Page Digital Negotiable, Bolton
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad