Diary:Ebay users get to put a price on friendship
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
Ever wished your friends would remember your birthday, or not be so tight-fisted that they never buy you a birthday present, or just let you know what they're up to?
Maybe you need a good deodorant or you are just one of life's natural saddos.
But fear not - help is at hand. Neill Garfield, a new-media specialist at COI Communications, is selling his friendship on Ebay. To the highest bidder goes the offer of two text messages a week, a ten-minute phone call a month, a birthday card with a £15 gift and photos to show any other friends.
Garfield has promised to give the money he raises to charity. However, social inadequates are proving elusive; when Campaign last checked, bidding stood at £10.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Consumer Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £100,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Insight Planner-Interim Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner