Diary:Ebay users get to put a price on friendship
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
Ever wished your friends would remember your birthday, or not be so tight-fisted that they never buy you a birthday present, or just let you know what they're up to?
Maybe you need a good deodorant or you are just one of life's natural saddos.
But fear not - help is at hand. Neill Garfield, a new-media specialist at COI Communications, is selling his friendship on Ebay. To the highest bidder goes the offer of two text messages a week, a ten-minute phone call a month, a birthday card with a £15 gift and photos to show any other friends.
Garfield has promised to give the money he raises to charity. However, social inadequates are proving elusive; when Campaign last checked, bidding stood at £10.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- SENIOR UI DESIGNER - £60-80K - LONDON Salt £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Junior Account Manager - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £25k - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs