Diary:Ebay users get to put a price on friendship
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
Ever wished your friends would remember your birthday, or not be so tight-fisted that they never buy you a birthday present, or just let you know what they're up to?
Maybe you need a good deodorant or you are just one of life's natural saddos.
But fear not - help is at hand. Neill Garfield, a new-media specialist at COI Communications, is selling his friendship on Ebay. To the highest bidder goes the offer of two text messages a week, a ten-minute phone call a month, a birthday card with a £15 gift and photos to show any other friends.
Garfield has promised to give the money he raises to charity. However, social inadequates are proving elusive; when Campaign last checked, bidding stood at £10.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Digital Planner / Buyer - Client Side Aspire £150 - £200 per day, London
- Intern Marketing Executive Salt £12000 - £15000 per annum + Incentives, bonus, City of London
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again