Diary:Ebay users get to put a price on friendship
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
Ever wished your friends would remember your birthday, or not be so tight-fisted that they never buy you a birthday present, or just let you know what they're up to?
Maybe you need a good deodorant or you are just one of life's natural saddos.
But fear not - help is at hand. Neill Garfield, a new-media specialist at COI Communications, is selling his friendship on Ebay. To the highest bidder goes the offer of two text messages a week, a ten-minute phone call a month, a birthday card with a £15 gift and photos to show any other friends.
Garfield has promised to give the money he raises to charity. However, social inadequates are proving elusive; when Campaign last checked, bidding stood at £10.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne