Diary: Next BB may be found close to Digby's home
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
You might think the debate about reality TV and where it goes from here has almost become as tedious as the genre itself.
Commissioning editors have all got themselves into a tizzy trying to work out why big audiences tuned in to watch the fifth series of Big Brother but have not been so taken with The Block, which is bigger than Big Brother back in its native Australia.
No wonder they are fretting about where they are going to find their next sure-fire reality hit. Well, Nigel Pickard, we think we have the answer - and it's surprisingly close to home.
ITV's very own sales director, the recently hitched Gary Digby, is trying to buy the late Roy Kinnear's house in Wimbledon in order to pull it down and build himself a new pad, but the purchase is not going smoothly.
Surely this has got all the pre-requisites of a reality-TV hit - a celebrity (albeit a deceased one), a pair of attractive young newly-weds, conflict, property, money and power?
Unfortunately, we are missing a transsexual, so if anyone can help, please contact Digby directly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Technical SEO Specialist - £32k + benefits - chance to join leading independent media agency in heart of London! SYLEX Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Digital Planner- Charity brands Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Suffolk
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account