Diary: Next BB may be found close to Digby's home
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
You might think the debate about reality TV and where it goes from here has almost become as tedious as the genre itself.
Commissioning editors have all got themselves into a tizzy trying to work out why big audiences tuned in to watch the fifth series of Big Brother but have not been so taken with The Block, which is bigger than Big Brother back in its native Australia.
No wonder they are fretting about where they are going to find their next sure-fire reality hit. Well, Nigel Pickard, we think we have the answer - and it's surprisingly close to home.
ITV's very own sales director, the recently hitched Gary Digby, is trying to buy the late Roy Kinnear's house in Wimbledon in order to pull it down and build himself a new pad, but the purchase is not going smoothly.
Surely this has got all the pre-requisites of a reality-TV hit - a celebrity (albeit a deceased one), a pair of attractive young newly-weds, conflict, property, money and power?
Unfortunately, we are missing a transsexual, so if anyone can help, please contact Digby directly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Senior Programmatic Sales Manager - Native Adtech Platform Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + commission and benefits , London
- Junior Marketing Analyst-Leading Publisher Salt £24000 - £26000 per annum, Cambridge