Diary: Next BB may be found close to Digby's home
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 August 2004 12:00AM
You might think the debate about reality TV and where it goes from here has almost become as tedious as the genre itself.
Commissioning editors have all got themselves into a tizzy trying to work out why big audiences tuned in to watch the fifth series of Big Brother but have not been so taken with The Block, which is bigger than Big Brother back in its native Australia.
No wonder they are fretting about where they are going to find their next sure-fire reality hit. Well, Nigel Pickard, we think we have the answer - and it's surprisingly close to home.
ITV's very own sales director, the recently hitched Gary Digby, is trying to buy the late Roy Kinnear's house in Wimbledon in order to pull it down and build himself a new pad, but the purchase is not going smoothly.
Surely this has got all the pre-requisites of a reality-TV hit - a celebrity (albeit a deceased one), a pair of attractive young newly-weds, conflict, property, money and power?
Unfortunately, we are missing a transsexual, so if anyone can help, please contact Digby directly.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne