Snyder outlines plans for Europe expansion
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 11 December 1998 12:00AM
The pounds 16 million takeover of Partners BDDH by the US-based Snyder Communications will be the prelude to an acquisition programme in the UK and across Europe.
The pounds 16 million takeover of Partners BDDH by the US-based
Snyder Communications will be the prelude to an acquisition programme in
the UK and across Europe.
Dan Snyder, the group’s chairman, has confirmed that a media independent
and a new-media agency are high priorities, with the likelihood of deals
being struck within six months. He told Campaign: ’Partners BDDH is just
Nigel Long, the Partners BDDH chairman, who will head Snyder’s
advertising interests in Europe, is currently checking out possible
agency acquisition targets in Europe to answer an as yet undisclosed
Although Snyder Communications’ roots are below-the-line, its chairman
claimed its systems and structures gave it a strength that conventional
agencies lacked. ’We will expand in a unique way,’ he promised.
Snyder added: ’We are looking to expand in the UK and continental Europe
and we want Nigel to build a huge organisation for us. We’re looking at
media independents and interactive agencies and we expect to be active
within six months.’
Group sources say media is a significant gap in Snyder’s offering while
its high-tech background has put the search for a new-media agency high
on the agenda.
Long said: ’The internet accounts for just 1.5 per cent of total US
adspend. But we all know it’s not going to remain a marginal medium and
Dan can see its potential.’
Long will report to Ed Eskandarian, the chairman of Boston’s Arnold
Communications, which was sold to Snyder for dollars 120 million nine
months ago to lead the group into above-the-line activity.
Whether or not the group expands into Europe via Elan, the ’club’ of
independent agencies of which Partners BDDH is a member, is an open
Eskandarian said Arnold had two clients - which he declined to name -
who had promised to work with the network internationally.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- CRM Analyst EMR £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Opportunity to join the Blue Skies Creative Team Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Category and Brand Manager EMR £65000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Designer 4 Innovative Charity Zebra People £22000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'