Tiger Beer prepares pitch for its creative UK advertising task
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 September 2004 12:00AM
The Singapore-based Tiger Beer is looking to increase its presence in the UK market and is set to draw up a shortlist of creative agencies to pitch for its advertising account.
In the UK, the company relies upon advertising created overseas, which is placed by Mediaedge:cia.
However, Tiger Beer is now keen to get its message across to a larger audience to enable it to compete more effectively with rival premium bottled beers such as Cobra.
In advance of increasing its advertising spend, the brand has stepped up its sponsorship activity in the UK in recent months.
For example, Tiger put its name to the Asia Extreme Film Festival for the UK film distributor Tartan Films.
The event began in July and will run until October. Tiger's involvement includes running a competition to find the UK's best film reviewer.
Throughout the festival, Tiger's website is running a two-for-one ticket offer plus film guides and information.
Earlier this year, Tiger staged the first of a series of live kickboxing events. It was held in an underground car park in central London and was publicised using flyers and posters.
The company launched an on-pack promotion in the spring offering drinkers the chance to win a trip for two to the Far East to celebrate the 2005 Chinese new year.
The promotion, which is still running, incorporates mobile phone text messaging and internet activity and also offers entrants two-for-one meal deals at the Wagamama chain of noodle bars.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Front End Developer Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Head of Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Reading
- DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Ecommerce, Retail, CRM) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR-(Retail,Ecommerce,CMS,Web Management) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Community Manager, Integrated Agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Volvo van Damme spot nears 60 million YouTube views