NEWS: Grey hires Nokes in bid to establish top creative reputation
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 1995 12:00AM
Barbara Nokes, the former executive creative director of KHBB, is to join Grey London at the beginning of February as one of its four creative directors.
Barbara Nokes, the former executive creative director of KHBB, is to
join Grey London at the beginning of February as one of its four
The move reunites Nokes with Paul Smith, Grey’s executive creative
director, with whom she worked at Collett Dickenson Pearce in the 70s.
It also ends weeks of speculation that she planned to leave Britain for
a role at DDB Needham in Sydney.
Nokes’ appointment comes six months after her abrupt departure from
KHBB. It was the people who work at Grey, she explained, that
particularly attracted her to the agency.
‘I’ve known Paul for many years, and I really got on well with Nigel
[Sharrocks, managing director of Grey] when I met him,’ she said.
Nokes will join Grey’s other creative directors, Mike Everett, Dolly
Beashel and Digby Atkinson, in reporting directly to Smith.
Smith said: ‘She’s got a proven record. I know she gets on with clients,
and she always has a point of view.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London