NEWS: Euro RSCG shares global Reckitts with McCanns
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 1995 12:00AM
Euro RSCG has captured pounds 50 million worth of Reckitt and Colman business as part of the company’s global advertising consolidation.
Euro RSCG has captured pounds 50 million worth of Reckitt and Colman
business as part of the company’s global advertising consolidation.
The rethink also sees McCann-Erickson pick up pounds 150 million in
Reckitts has consolidated its regional European brand portfolio into
Euro RSCG. The major brands affected include Immac, Woolite and
Euro RSCG will be responsible for advertising across the Continent in 13
categories, including depilatories and national toiletries.
Brett Gosper, chief executive officer of Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper,
commented: ‘It is fantastic to be awarded a European assignment by one
of Britain’s leading marketing companies.’ The business is worth about
pounds 5 million in the UK.
McCanns will take responsibility for leading consumer brands such as
Airwick, Dettol, Harpic and Haze.
David Warden, chairman of McCanns in London, said: ‘This is a pivotal
moment for Reckitts, and we are the obvious choice to partner them
Industry sources say Cowan Kemsley Taylor will keep its place on the
roster, but the realignment eliminates Saatchi and Saatchi, BST-BDDP and
TBWA from the business.
The two appointments were made without a formal pitch, but Warden denied
that Reckitts was more concerned with structure and administration than
creativity. He said: ‘We had a great deal of discussion about our
creative philosophy of advertising.’
TMD Carat’s relationship with Reckitts on media planning and buying
across Europe remains unchanged.
In May 1995, Reckitts declared its aim to reinvent itself as a
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires