NEWS: Three agencies do battle over London Transport tube job
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 1995 12:00AM
London Transport has invited pitches from three agencies for a pounds 500,000 campaign aimed at appeasing tube customers worried about disruption to Underground lines this summer.
London Transport has invited pitches from three agencies for a pounds
500,000 campaign aimed at appeasing tube customers worried about
disruption to Underground lines this summer.
Young and Rubicam, Foote Cone and Belding and BST-BDDP, all of which
have worked with LT before, have been asked to present their
recommendations this Friday. This follows the announcement by LT last
week of major closures of large sections of the Underground because of
LT is now looking for ideas through which it can communicate the reason
for the tube line closures to customers. Thousands of commuters face
longer journeys and LT is being forced to lay on extra buses.
Jean Harris, head of advertising and publicity at LT, said: ‘This is a
comfort campaign. We want our customers to know that there are experts
behind this and we’re not just doing it because we like digging holes.’
The campaign will run for 15 months. It will coincide with closures to
the Northern, Bakerloo, Waterloo and City, East London and District
Lines, which are due to start in March and will continue for 18 months.
Harris said she did not know yet which media would be used in the
campaign but said it was unlikely TV would be part of the schedule.
The last campaign for the Underground, ‘Can’t beat the tube’, ran in
1994 through FCB.
Peter Ford, the chairman of LT, commented: ‘As an Underground commuter
myself, I understand just what this disruption will mean for those
people who regularly use the tube.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 per annum, Birmingham
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £29000 per annum, Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £27000 - £35000 per annum, Cambridge
- Account Director - Retail & Brand Design Agency Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bens, London