NEWS: Cracknell lands chairman’s role in shake-up at Lintas
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 1995 12:00AM
Andrew Cracknell, Ammirati and Puris/Lintas’s deputy chairman, has been promoted to chairman of the agency in a reshuffle of the shop’s senior management team.
Andrew Cracknell, Ammirati and Puris/Lintas’s deputy chairman, has been
promoted to chairman of the agency in a reshuffle of the shop’s senior
Anthony Simonds-Gooding, A&P/L’s current chairman, will take a back-seat
non-executive role as president of the agency with a brief to drive new
business by developing high-level industry contacts.
Cracknell’s elevation to the top job comes in a week when William
Eccleshare, J. Walter Thompson’s former worldwide director of strategic
planning, was appointed as A&P/L’s new chief executive. The news follows
last week’s widely expected resignation of Richard Hytner, S. P.
Lintas’s former chief executive (Campaign, 5 January).
Cracknell, 49, said: ‘This will be a genuine partnership between William
and me. He has senior management experience, a robust attitude and is
great fun. It’s a great appointment.’
He added: ‘It is not insignificant that A&P/L has a creative person as
its chairman. If you want the creative product to change, you have got
to do that from the top.’
Terry Rosenquist, Lintas Worldwide’s chief executive, said: ‘I firmly
believe that if you get things right at the top, then everything else
falls into place.’
Eccleshare, 40, joined JWT London as a graduate trainee in 1978. In
1988, he became head of account management and was promoted to the
position of joint managing director in 1991.
In 1995, he joined JWT’s worldwide board and was put in charge of JWT’s
A&P/L is to change its name yet again on 1 February to Ammirati Puris
Lintas when the Ammirati name is adopted worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London