NEWS: Impact lands pan-Euro Online launch
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 1995 12:00AM
Impact FCA has been picked to handle the pounds 6 million pan-European launch of a news and information service on the Internet.
Impact FCA has been picked to handle the pounds 6 million pan-European
launch of a news and information service on the Internet.
The agency beat off challenges from Young and Rubicam and Bates Europe
to win Europe Online, currently available in English and German, in
French from next month and in most other European languages by the end
of the year.
The Europe Online service not only offers news in local languages but
information on leisure activities as well as live discussions with
celebrities and politicians.
Now Impact FCA is looking to link its new client with another, Yorkshire
International Thomson Multimedia - a joint venture between Yorkshire
Television and International Thomson Publishing, which was launched last
year to produce CD-Rom packages for a mass-market audience.
Europe Online will be promoted through national press advertising in
individual countries. Media buying will by handled by Optimedia, which
pitched alongside Impact FCA for the business.
Chris Caburn, Europe Online’s sales and marketing director, said that
Impact FCA had been chosen because of the communications package it had
devised and its ability to implement it across Europe.
‘The agency shares our vision for the product and it focused on its
humanity instead of just its technology,’ he added.
John Kearon, the agency’s head of planning, said: ‘Our advertising will
reflect the novelty of the medium.
Europe Online is the first provider to use the new medium in a different
way by allowing users to create the services they want.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Packaging - Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Point of Purchase Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Web Development Manager Simply Media TV £34,000, NOHO, London
- CRM Manager - Triumph Motorcycles Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, East Midlands
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity