NEWS: Media Business Group tightens its grip on Direct Line business
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 January 1995 12:00AM
Direct Line Insurance has consolidated all its media planning and buying into the Media Business Group by awarding its pounds 2 million poster contract to its specialist agency, the Poster Business.
Direct Line Insurance has consolidated all its media planning and buying
into the Media Business Group by awarding its pounds 2 million poster
contract to its specialist agency, the Poster Business.
The Poster Business won the account after a head-to-head pitch against
PPL. The incumbent, Portland Outdoor, declined to repitch after the
review was announced in December.
The Poster Business now plans a series of tests for its winning ideas in
Steve Allan, managing director of the Media Business, said: ‘We think
we’ve got some clever planning ideas. We need to test them first to make
sure we’ve got it right before developing a campaign for later in the
Allan said the win was an endorsement of the decision to form a trading
partnership between the Poster Business and the poster buying
specialist, Posterscope, just before Christmas. The deal married the
Poster Business account management and planning resource with
Posterscope’s buying expertise.
The Media Business already handles Direct Line’s pounds 15 million TV,
press and radio work, which will continue as before. The poster win,
which follows what Allan described as a ‘very tough’ pitch, has resulted
in a separate contract for the Poster Business.
Direct Line awarded its poster account to Portland just a year ago. But
key staff departures from Portland, including that of the managing
director, Terry Alexander, prompted another review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account