Aquafresh hopes to re-energise teeth cleaning with fruit variants
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 September 2004 12:00AM
Grey London is attempting to reposition the chore of cleaning teeth as fun and invigorating in its latest TV spot for the GlaxoSmithKline toothpaste brand Aquafresh.
The spot, which breaks on 13 September, uses the strapline: "Experience a new zone." Each of the new Aquafresh fruit-flavoured toothpaste variants is described as a zone - lemon is the "wakey wakey zone", watermelon is the "revive zone" and apple is the "refresh zone".
The TV ad focuses on the lemon "wakey wakey zone" flavour and uses a mix of animation and action in a bid to create an "Alice through the looking glass" effect.
The story depicts a girl brushing her teeth with the lemon-flavoured Aquafresh toothpaste, which awakens her senses and draws her into a world of sensory explosion. The creative draws on the three signature colours, used in the stripe of the toothpaste, to make up the design of the execution.
MediaCom devised the media strategy. Television, with a 65 per cent peaktime bias, is being used in order to get the message seen by as many people as possible. The five-week TV burst will be followed with magazine activity, sampling and the launch of an experiential website, which will be active from mid-October.
MediaCom has identified the target audience as "experimental adventurers" who follow a lifestyle rather than fit a demographic group.
Dave Alberts, the chairman of Grey London, said: "As a brand, Aquafresh is constantly innovating and it is our job to bring this to life with new and innovative ways of advertising in the category."
The spot was art directed by Colin Booth and written by Ben Stilitz.
It was directed by Fizzy Eye through Nexus.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires