Agencies line up as Nokia reviews global networks business
By Claire Billings, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 2004 12:00AM
Nokia is holding a pitch to find an agency to handle the global advertising for its networks division.
The company is believed to be talking to Grey, McCann Erickson, WCRS and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R about the review.
A detailed brief has not yet gone out to agencies, but it is expected to be a business-to-business assignment promoting Nokia Networks to large corporations.
A below-the-line pitch is also underway for the same account. The brief focuses on persuading large corporations to use its platform rather that of telecommunications rivals including Vodafone or O2. However, the identities of the agencies involved in the direct review have not been revealed.
The main phone account is handled around the world by Grey Worldwide, which was acquired this week by WPP.
It is now unclear if WPP's RKCR will continue to fight for the account.
WCRS joined Nokia's roster in July, when it was picked to handle the Vertu luxury mobile phone brand's £5 million global account. The agency saw off Mother and Quiet Storm in a pitch.
A global reorganisation saw Nokia divided into four divisions in February: Nokia networks, phones, enterprises and multimedia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Sales Executive / Lead Generator Stonor Completely depends on level of experience - £25K - £45K, Berkshire / Hertfordshire / Amersham, Buckinghamshire / Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire / Watford, H...