BBH promotes Jones to New York CEO post
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 2004 12:00AM
Gwyn Jones, the recently promoted chief executive of Bartle Bogle Hegarty London, is to take up the same role in the agency's New York office.
Jones will take over from Cindy Gallop, who is moving to become the chairman of the agency and the chief marketing officer, with responsibility for promoting the brand worldwide.
Jones, a BBH lifer, joined the agency in 1987 as a graduate trainee. He was promoted from managing director in April as part of the London agency's succession management programme.
BBH London will continue to be run by the chairman, Jim Carroll, the deputy chairman, Guy Murphy, and the managing director, Derek Robson, who were also promoted in the April revamp.
The announcement of Jones' move to New York coincides with the appointment of Kevin Roddy as the executive creative director in the New York office. Joe Da Silva, the operations director at BBH London, is also moving to New York as the general manager.
The management changes are aimed at boosting the New York office's US expansion. Its new-business and creative performance has not matched that of its flagship UK shop to date.
Jones will begin splitting his time between New York and London immediately. He and his family will move there for the foreseeable future in January.
Simon Sherwood, the BBH chief operating officer, said: "After six years we have a very healthy and exciting business in New York thanks to the efforts of Cindy and her team. Now is the time to add more resource and talent to the mix, giving us a broader base management team and greater strength and depth."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - B2B / [Retail] - Superb independent agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Up to £39k pending experience. , London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater)
- Lead Account Manager, Market Research Jarlett de Grouchy £36000 - £43000 per annum + other benefits, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns