Sinclair quits O&M to head up creative overhaul at See
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 September 2004 12:00AM
The creative head of Ogilvy & Mather's Ford account, James Sinclair, is leaving the agency to take on the creative director role at the independent agency See.
Sinclair was hired by Ogilvy's executive creative director, Malcolm Poynton, in June last year and was tasked to improve the output of the agency's £95 million, pan-European Ford account.
In his new position, Sinclair will work alongside See's UK management team of Phil Gault and Simon Law. The agency is the London arm of the San Francisco-based shop, which was previously branded Odiorne Wilde Narraway & Partners.
In the US, the agency has recently undergone a revamp and at the beginning of last year, Harry Cocciolo arrived from Goodby Silverstein & Partners in Australia to take charge of a reinvigorated creative department.
The aim is to complete a similar reinvigoration of the London shop and the agency is set to announce the arrival of several new clients.
See's main account is the videogames distributor Electronic Arts, which it holds globally and operates out of both its London and San Francisco offices. It spends £12 million in the UK.
Sinclair joined O&M from Lowe, where he worked as a senior copywriter with his long-time partner, Ed Morris. During a stint at TBWA\London, the team made the "double life" campaign for Sony PlayStation.
Paul Smith, O&M's European creative director, said: "Working with myself and others, James has made a considerable contribution to our work on Ford. A successor will be announced following consultation with our client."
Sinclair refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Proof Reader (Fashion, Print, Digital, Grammar) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (Agency, Marketing, Integrated) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR DIGITAL EXECUTIVE Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Lead Designer (Agency, Marketing, central-London) Creative Recruitment £32000 - £45000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Manager - Travel and Tech Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India