NEWS: Lansdown nets home video task
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 April 1996 12:00AM
Columbia Tristar has enlisted Lansdown Conquest to invigorate its home video advertising, an account that has been held by CM Lintas for the past seven years.
Columbia Tristar has enlisted Lansdown Conquest to invigorate its home
video advertising, an account that has been held by CM Lintas for the
past seven years.
The move follows a protracted five-month review by the home video arm of
Columbia, which has recently produced such hit movies as Sense and
Sensibility, To Die For and Jumanji.
Lansdown carried off the account after battling against competition from
J. Walter Thompson, Grey and the incumbent. K Advertising, which handles
Columbia’s pounds 6 million advertising spend for all its cinema
releases, was also understood to be on the shortlist.
Lansdown’s media arm, Media Insight, won the media planning and buying
on the account, which amounted to less than pounds 1 million last year
(Register-MEAL), but could be increased to as much as pounds 4 million.
Columbia’s review began last November as a series of informal
discussions with six agencies about how to take video advertising beyond
its traditional format of using straight film clips.
The discussions were followed by a round of creative and strategic
pitches on two or three real projects, and finally a trial period of
working on the advertising.
The appointment reunites Lansdown with a major film company after the
agency lost the Entertainment Group - one of its largest clients - two
Marek Antoniak, managing director of Columbia Tristar home video,
explained the appointment. ‘We were delighted with the creative ideas
put forward by Lansdown and were very impressed with its immediate
understanding of the various issues relative to our market,’ he said.
Lansdown’s chief executive, Bill Patterson, also confirmed the win,
adding: ‘The product is fantastic and I sincerely believe that our work
will do it justice.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'