Media agencies line up for £9m Powergen
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 October 2004 12:00AM
Powergen is talking to media agencies with a view to reviewing its £9 million planning and buying account.
The energy supplier is holding informal credentials and "chemistry" meetings with a number of top-ten media agencies, although no official pitch has been called. Initiative handles the business.
Powergen is also reviewing other parts of its business. In July, it instructed The Haystack Group to review its direct and digital marketing accounts, both of which are held by the below-the-line agency Miller Bainbridge.
Publicis Dialog, Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel and Joshua are all shortlisted for the account, but Miller Bainbridge has declined to repitch; Miller Bainbridge handles Thames Water, which is owned by RWE - the owner of Powergen's rival utility company Npower.
Powergen last reviewed its creative account in 2002 and hired Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R after a face-off against Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners.
RKCR's most recent ad campaign featured The Fast Show's Simon Day and promoted Powergen's tie-up with the Tesco Clubcard loyalty scheme. This scheme offers customers a Clubcard point for every £1 they spent on their energy bill.
Jerry Hill, Initiative's chief executive, denied the account was reviewing.
Helen Kerr, Powergen's communications manager, did not return calls.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital