Media agencies line up for £9m Powergen
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 October 2004 12:00AM
Powergen is talking to media agencies with a view to reviewing its £9 million planning and buying account.
The energy supplier is holding informal credentials and "chemistry" meetings with a number of top-ten media agencies, although no official pitch has been called. Initiative handles the business.
Powergen is also reviewing other parts of its business. In July, it instructed The Haystack Group to review its direct and digital marketing accounts, both of which are held by the below-the-line agency Miller Bainbridge.
Publicis Dialog, Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel and Joshua are all shortlisted for the account, but Miller Bainbridge has declined to repitch; Miller Bainbridge handles Thames Water, which is owned by RWE - the owner of Powergen's rival utility company Npower.
Powergen last reviewed its creative account in 2002 and hired Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R after a face-off against Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners.
RKCR's most recent ad campaign featured The Fast Show's Simon Day and promoted Powergen's tie-up with the Tesco Clubcard loyalty scheme. This scheme offers customers a Clubcard point for every £1 they spent on their energy bill.
Jerry Hill, Initiative's chief executive, denied the account was reviewing.
Helen Kerr, Powergen's communications manager, did not return calls.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Commission + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Brand & Stakeholder Communications Agency Trace £45,000 - £65,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager | Creative Agency | Talented/Fresh Team Zebra People £35000 - £45000 per annum, London (East), London (Greater)
- French-speaking Community Manager | Global Digital Agency Red Sofa London £28000 - £31000 per annum + dependant on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film