Media agencies line up for £9m Powergen
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 October 2004 12:00AM
Powergen is talking to media agencies with a view to reviewing its £9 million planning and buying account.
The energy supplier is holding informal credentials and "chemistry" meetings with a number of top-ten media agencies, although no official pitch has been called. Initiative handles the business.
Powergen is also reviewing other parts of its business. In July, it instructed The Haystack Group to review its direct and digital marketing accounts, both of which are held by the below-the-line agency Miller Bainbridge.
Publicis Dialog, Craik Jones Watson Mitchell Voelkel and Joshua are all shortlisted for the account, but Miller Bainbridge has declined to repitch; Miller Bainbridge handles Thames Water, which is owned by RWE - the owner of Powergen's rival utility company Npower.
Powergen last reviewed its creative account in 2002 and hired Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R after a face-off against Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners.
RKCR's most recent ad campaign featured The Fast Show's Simon Day and promoted Powergen's tie-up with the Tesco Clubcard loyalty scheme. This scheme offers customers a Clubcard point for every £1 they spent on their energy bill.
Jerry Hill, Initiative's chief executive, denied the account was reviewing.
Helen Kerr, Powergen's communications manager, did not return calls.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline