Mother pair scoops Aerial with 'Notting Hill' spot for Pimm's
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 October 2004 12:00AM
The Mother team of Darren Bailes and Al MacCuish has won the September Aerial Award for best radio ad.
The team's "Notting Hill revised" spot for Pimm's was judged the best ad of the month by Jeremy Carr, the creative director at Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy.
It beat another Mother ad, part of the COI Communications "Frank" anti-drugs campaign, written by Jim Thornton before he left the agency for Leo Burnett.
A second runner-up, "accents" for HSBC, was created by Elliot Wykes and Lesley Nightingale of Lowe.
The Pimm's ad features the upper crust character Harry Fitzgibbon-Simms from the TV campaign and his trusty sidekick Holland who are invited to a "soiree" in Notting Hill. They find themselves in the middle of the Notting Hill carnival but still crack open the Pimm's with the famous line: "It's Pimm's o'clock."
Carr said: "It's not always an easy task continuing a TV idea on to radio.
This ad not only shows the campaign's versatility, but evokes a topical image of that tweedy toff and his whizzy hamper. As someone once said, 'the pictures are better on radio'."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot