Mother pair scoops Aerial with 'Notting Hill' spot for Pimm's
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 October 2004 12:00AM
The Mother team of Darren Bailes and Al MacCuish has won the September Aerial Award for best radio ad.
The team's "Notting Hill revised" spot for Pimm's was judged the best ad of the month by Jeremy Carr, the creative director at Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy.
It beat another Mother ad, part of the COI Communications "Frank" anti-drugs campaign, written by Jim Thornton before he left the agency for Leo Burnett.
A second runner-up, "accents" for HSBC, was created by Elliot Wykes and Lesley Nightingale of Lowe.
The Pimm's ad features the upper crust character Harry Fitzgibbon-Simms from the TV campaign and his trusty sidekick Holland who are invited to a "soiree" in Notting Hill. They find themselves in the middle of the Notting Hill carnival but still crack open the Pimm's with the famous line: "It's Pimm's o'clock."
Carr said: "It's not always an easy task continuing a TV idea on to radio.
This ad not only shows the campaign's versatility, but evokes a topical image of that tweedy toff and his whizzy hamper. As someone once said, 'the pictures are better on radio'."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Food / FMCG William Jackson Food Group £competitive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London
- Project Manager - Branding & Design FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £150-£180+ neg day rate, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad