WCRS wins Conde Nast Easy Living launch task
By Emma Barns, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 October 2004 12:00AM
WCRS has seen off the Conde Nast incumbent, J. Walter Thompson, and M&C Saatchi, as well as a number of other unnamed agencies, to win the launch brief for the publisher's new women's monthly, Easy Living.
Conde Nast has also appointed TBWA\Connections and Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle media strategy, and media planning and buying respectively.
It is looking to spend £17 million during the next five years, with a large proportion of this budget for the launch.
None of the agencies chosen have worked for Conde Nast in the past. The publisher's roster agencies include JWT and ZenithOptimedia which both worked on Glamour, its last major launch.
Conde Nast has also worked with M&C Saatchi, which created the award-winning Vogue.com posters. It uses Carat for media planning and buying on Vogue and John Ayling & Associates for World of Interiors.
Easy Living is set to launch on 3 March next year and is pitched at "grown-up" women in the 30-to-60 age range.
Edited by Susie Forbes, the former deputy editor of Vogue, and published by Chris Hughes, previously the publisher of The National Magazine Company's Good Housekeeping, the new title will compete with magazines such as IPC's Women & Home and Good Housekeeping.
Jean Faulkner, the Conde Nast marketing director, said: "Our investment in Easy Living in its launch year and beyond is massive. We are confident that the choices we have made will help us reach our objectives for Easy Living, central to which is for Easy Living to be one of the best-selling magazines targeting the modern generation of grown-up women."
Leon Jaume, a founding partner of WCRS, said: "Because the product is so good and the category is not always brilliant, we have the opportunity to do something really different."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £26,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search / Biddable Manager - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum To £50,000 + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...