Fallon hires Grey's Willingham to run Sony
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 October 2004 12:00AM
Fallon has poached Chris Willingham, one of the Grey managing partners, to run its Sony account.
The appointment of Willingham, who during a six-year stint at TBWA\London ran the Sony PlayStation account, is seen as an attempt by Fallon to strengthen its hold on the £70 million pan-European Sony business.
In April this year, David Patton, the former PlayStation client, was promoted to the role of senior vice-president of communications for Sony Europe, with a remit that included overseeing Fallon London's Sony output.
Willingham had developed close working ties with Patton while at TBWA.
In June last year, he was hired to work at Grey by its then chief executive Garry Lace, leading to speculation Grey had set its sights on capturing Sony.
Mark Finnock, a planner, who worked primarily on five at TBWA, is also moving to Fallon. However, it is unclear if he will be working on Sony.
Fallon picked up the pan-European Sony ad business in November 2002, following a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Wieden & Kennedy, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Rapley Smith & Jones and the incumbent agency, Saatchi & Saatchi.
Willingham and Fallon both declined to comment on the story.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline