Agencies line up to pitch for Whizz-Kidz creative ad account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 October 2004 12:00AM
Whizz-Kidz, the charity that provides customised mobility equipment and support to disabled children in the UK, is looking for a through-the-line agency to help boost its fund-raising activity.
The organisation is reviewing its marketing arrangements through the AAR and has shortlisted four agencies, which are expected to pitch next week. The process is being overseen by the AAR's head of direct marketing, Julie Constable.
At present, Whizz-Kidz doesn't have a creative agency, preferring to produce advertising in-house. The successful agency will be required to produce response and brand work, as well as taking care of the organisation's media planning.
The appointment will be timed to coincide with the Blue and Yellow day - the biggest fundraising event in the organisation's calendar.
Whizz-Kidz was set up in 1990 and has helped 3,881 children throughout the UK. It provides mobility equipment such as wheelchairs and tricycles for disabled children, who the NHS is unable to help. It also supplies wheelchair training and works to raise the Government's and public awareness of the issue.
The charity raises approximately £4 million per year. Around 96 per cent of its income comes from voluntary contributions and events such as sponsored treks and marathons. Further funding has come from The Department of Health's Section 64 programme, The Community Fund, the Millennium Commission and Comic Relief.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Brand Insight Planner FMCG - 12 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£50K + benefits package, North of London/Hertfordshire