Threshers pushes convenience stores via press and poster ads
By John Tylee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 2004 12:00AM
Threshers is targeting time-poor young professionals in irreverent new advertising promoting its food and wine offering as an aid to seduction.
The £1 million press and poster campaign from the off-licence chain promotes Threshers+food, its new convenience-store arm.
It offers a range of ready-made meals under the leapingsalmon brand.
Threshers acquired the leapingsalmon food company in April last year to capitalise on the growth of convenience shopping.
The advertising, breaking on Monday, is the first to be produced by Heresy for the brand.
Shaun McIlrath and Andy Taylor, Heresy's creative directors, devised the campaign, aimed at busy people in their late twenties and early thirties who want quality and convenience but don't want to bother wandering around a supermarket after work.
Each execution features a spoof equation suggesting the Thresher offering can be the prelude to sex. One carries the line: "Wine + food = your wife - her clothes." Another points out that: "Wine + food + nine months = 3."
Taylor said: "We needed to prompt occasions for use, to show then them when and why they might visit a Threshers+food. The market is fun and irreverent and the advertising needed to reflect that."
BLM Media is handling media planning and buying for the campaign, comprising 48- and six-sheet posters within the M25 area.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Online Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, Kingston Upon Hull
- Digital project Manager - Luxury fashion brand £45K Source £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £28000 per annum + pro rata - part-time 20 hours per week, Surrey
- Digital project Manager - Luxury fashion brand £45K Source £45000 - £47000 per annum, London