Gfk radio figures put Johnny Vaughan ahead in London
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 October 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Johnny Vaughan is the top radio presenter in London, according to the latest Gfk measurement research.
Vaughan, who replaced Chris Tarrant in the 95.8 Capital FM breakfast hotseat at the end of March, recorded a reach of 519,000 adults between 6am and 9am.
The survey, which ran for the six months from March 15 to September 12, gives Vaughan 91,000 more listeners than the previous period.
Gfk's figures gives Vaughan 148,000 more listeners a day than closest rival, Jono and Harriet on Heart 106.2 FM.
Magic FM's Graham Dene recorded a reach of 272,000 adults, up 100,000 on the previous period.
Official radio listening results are published by Rajar on Thursday. The Gfk survey is backed by The Wireless Group, the owner of TalkSPORT.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne