Gfk radio figures put Johnny Vaughan ahead in London
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 October 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Johnny Vaughan is the top radio presenter in London, according to the latest Gfk measurement research.
Vaughan, who replaced Chris Tarrant in the 95.8 Capital FM breakfast hotseat at the end of March, recorded a reach of 519,000 adults between 6am and 9am.
The survey, which ran for the six months from March 15 to September 12, gives Vaughan 91,000 more listeners than the previous period.
Gfk's figures gives Vaughan 148,000 more listeners a day than closest rival, Jono and Harriet on Heart 106.2 FM.
Magic FM's Graham Dene recorded a reach of 272,000 adults, up 100,000 on the previous period.
Official radio listening results are published by Rajar on Thursday. The Gfk survey is backed by The Wireless Group, the owner of TalkSPORT.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Integrated/Digital Designer The Industry Club London Ltd 18K-20K, London (West), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad