Muncaster to depart Metro for own business in Scotland
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 October 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Lawson Muncaster, Metro International's vice-president of global sales, is leaving the newspaper group.
Muncaster, a former sales director at Eurosport and CNN, is leaving Metro to run his own business in Scotland.
Metro has promoted Greg Miall, head of pan-European advertising, to the role of head of international advertising to compensate for the loss of Muncaster.
Muncaster joined Metro International, which has 38 editions in 16 countries, in 2002 from CNN. He is relocating to Scotland to be closer to his family, after commuting from there for the past year.
Miall, 30, joined Metro as international account director two years ago and helped Muncaster to build its international sales team. He became managing director of Metro in Marseille and then commercial director of Metro Poland before returning to London last year.
Muncaster has spearheaded Metro's efforts to increase sales from multi-market deals with advertisers including BA, Dell and Buena Vista. Miall will attempt to build on this activity.
Metro, which targets under-45s in 54 major cities across the world, announced an increase in ad sales of 50% for the first six months of 2004. Its sales of $145m (£80.2m) for this period helped it to produce a second-quarter profit.
Earlier this year, it launched a New York edition and is working with Associated Newspapers, the owners of the UK Metro, to include UK editions in some of its multinational advertising deals.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)