Kia launches £60m creative and media account review
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 October 2004 08:30AM
LONDON - Kia Motors is reviewing its estimated £60m European creative and media accounts.
The company, which uses agencies on a local basis at present, has invited media networks to pitch for a consolidated European account.
It is also evaluating its creative agencies in each market and may change its current arrangements.
Mustoes handles creative in the UK and Starcom Motive handles the £12m UK media planning and buying business.
Starcom has been invited to participate in a five-way pitch for the consolidated media account, which will cover key markets including the UK, Germany, France and Spain.
Vizeum is also expected to pitch. It handles Kia's corporate media planning and buying business in Europe.
Paul Williams, the UK managing director of Kia, said: "This is part of looking at efficiencies and synergies across Europe. Any big organisation will look at getting the best for everything."
Williams emphasised that the review would not necessarily lead to a change in Kia's creative agency, but said that Mustoes' position was being evaluated in a benchmarking exercise against agencies used in other markets.
Kia last reviewed its UK creative account 18 months ago, when it reappointed Mustoes. Starcom has faced two reviews in as many years, first retaining its hold on the UK business in a UK-only review and then again when the corporate account was reviewed.
Kia, based in South Korea, is investing in new manfuacturing plants in Europe. It has 130 dealerships in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds