Ask Jeeves ads highlight improved efficiency of search
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 2004 08:00AM
LONDON - TBWA\London has introduced an updated Jeeves character to promote the increased speed and efficiency of the Ask Jeeves internet search engine in a new TV campaign.
The ads look to improve people's perception of Ask Jeeves, which has developed new technology over the past few months to boost its service.
Two spots, showing on national terrestrial and satellite channels, aim to dramatise the key benefits of the service, from the range of questions it can answer to the improved accuracy of the results.
One execution, "zorbing", breaks on 1 November and opens on a hilly landscape with Jeeves "zorbing" along in a giant inflatable ball. A box appears reading: "What is zorbing?"
A second spot shows Jeeves holding a digital music player and dancing. The Ask Jeeves search box reads: "Download music." The end frame on both ads reads: "Ask Jeeves. The find engine."
Aylin Savkan, the vice-president of marketing at Ask Jeeves, said: "We want to persuade online users to revisit Ask Jeeves to try out the improvements for themselves and these new animated ads help us put the message across that Ask Jeeves is a whole lot better."
The ads were written by Carol Haig and art directed by Phil Martin. They were directed by Bessey and Combe through Nexus Productions. Media planning and buying is through Media Planning Group.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter