Kia in £60m advertising shake-up
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 2004 12:00AM
Kia Motors is reviewing its estimated £60 million European creative and media accounts.
The company, which uses agencies on a local basis at present, has invited media networks to pitch for a consolidated European account.
It is also evaluating its creative agencies in each market and may change its current arrangements.
Mustoes handles creative in the UK and Starcom Motive handles the £12 million UK media planning and buying business.
Starcom has been invited to participate in a five-way pitch for the consolidated media account, which will cover key markets including the UK, Germany, France and Spain.
Vizeum is also expected to pitch. It handles Kia's corporate media planning and buying business in Europe.
Paul Williams, the UK managing director of Kia, said: "This is part of looking at efficiencies and synergies across Europe. Any big organisation will look at getting the best for everything."
Williams emphasised that the review would not necessarily lead to a change in Kia's creative agency, but said that Mustoes' position was being evaluated in a benchmarking exercise against agencies used in other markets.
Kia last reviewed its UK creative account 18 months ago, when it reappointed Mustoes. Starcom has faced two reviews in as many years, first retaining its hold on the UK business in a UK-only review and then again when the corporate account was reviewed.
Kia, based in South Korea, is investing in new manfuacturing plants in Europe.
It has 130 dealerships in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - premium mobile platform Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + +comm, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Producer/Project Manager Salt £200 - £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Advertising Operations Manager Ascent Solutions £37,500 + Great corporate benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater) / London ...
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER/JUNIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Retail, telcos, mobile, brand portfolio, up to £40k Judi Patton up to £40k, London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - DIGITAL - WEST LONDON - £60-65K Salt £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (West), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills