Kia in £60m advertising shake-up
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 2004 12:00AM
Kia Motors is reviewing its estimated £60 million European creative and media accounts.
The company, which uses agencies on a local basis at present, has invited media networks to pitch for a consolidated European account.
It is also evaluating its creative agencies in each market and may change its current arrangements.
Mustoes handles creative in the UK and Starcom Motive handles the £12 million UK media planning and buying business.
Starcom has been invited to participate in a five-way pitch for the consolidated media account, which will cover key markets including the UK, Germany, France and Spain.
Vizeum is also expected to pitch. It handles Kia's corporate media planning and buying business in Europe.
Paul Williams, the UK managing director of Kia, said: "This is part of looking at efficiencies and synergies across Europe. Any big organisation will look at getting the best for everything."
Williams emphasised that the review would not necessarily lead to a change in Kia's creative agency, but said that Mustoes' position was being evaluated in a benchmarking exercise against agencies used in other markets.
Kia last reviewed its UK creative account 18 months ago, when it reappointed Mustoes. Starcom has faced two reviews in as many years, first retaining its hold on the UK business in a UK-only review and then again when the corporate account was reviewed.
Kia, based in South Korea, is investing in new manfuacturing plants in Europe.
It has 130 dealerships in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planning Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB