Kia in £60m advertising shake-up
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 October 2004 12:00AM
Kia Motors is reviewing its estimated £60 million European creative and media accounts.
The company, which uses agencies on a local basis at present, has invited media networks to pitch for a consolidated European account.
It is also evaluating its creative agencies in each market and may change its current arrangements.
Mustoes handles creative in the UK and Starcom Motive handles the £12 million UK media planning and buying business.
Starcom has been invited to participate in a five-way pitch for the consolidated media account, which will cover key markets including the UK, Germany, France and Spain.
Vizeum is also expected to pitch. It handles Kia's corporate media planning and buying business in Europe.
Paul Williams, the UK managing director of Kia, said: "This is part of looking at efficiencies and synergies across Europe. Any big organisation will look at getting the best for everything."
Williams emphasised that the review would not necessarily lead to a change in Kia's creative agency, but said that Mustoes' position was being evaluated in a benchmarking exercise against agencies used in other markets.
Kia last reviewed its UK creative account 18 months ago, when it reappointed Mustoes. Starcom has faced two reviews in as many years, first retaining its hold on the UK business in a UK-only review and then again when the corporate account was reviewed.
Kia, based in South Korea, is investing in new manfuacturing plants in Europe.
It has 130 dealerships in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising