Tate & Lyle to hold pitch for Light work
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2004 12:00AM
Tate & Lyle is seeking an ad agency to launch its low-calorie sugar variant, Tate & Lyle Light, and has earmarked £3 million for the task.
The pitch is being handled by ISBA. The company is drawing up a shortlist and has approached a number of leading London ad agencies.
Tate & Lyle Light is currently being trialled in Sainsbury's. The product has 33 per cent fewer calories than sugar. It can be used in drinks and for cooking and baking as a lower calorie alternative to sugar.
The low-calorie product comes on the heels of the launch of rival SilverSpoon Light in September.
SilverSpoon Light, which has 25 per cent fewer calories, rolled out in September with a campaign by Walsh Trott Chick Smith featuring overweight US rappers taking traditional English tea in a country house.
Tate & Lyle's best-remembered advertising was the WCRS-produced "Smile, it's Tate and Lyle" campaign featuring the chef Gary Rhodes.
The campaign, which was introduced in 1995, ran until 1999 when the agency split with the company.
After lying dormant for two years, the account moved to the Leeds-based Charles Walls Group in 2001. But it moved again to Home, another Leeds agency, in 2002.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- SENIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER - DUBAI - £38K TAX FREE + RELOCATION Salt £38000 per annum + TAX FREE EARNINGS + RELOCATION, Dubai
- SENIOR UI/UX DESIGNER - WEST LONDON - £50K + BONUS & BENEFITS Salt £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS, West London
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England