TK Maxx calls £3m media business review
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2004 12:00AM
The cut-price fashion retailer TK Maxx is in talks with media agencies about the future of its £3 million media account, currently held by Starcom Motive.
Starcom Motive has held the business for more than five years, having won the brief from Total Media as the retailer underwent an aggressive expansion plan. TK Maxx has increased its number of UK stores from 37 in 1999 to the current 150 and has plans to open a further 150.
In 2002, TK Maxx ended its five-year relationship with Maher Bird Associates and took its creative advertising arrangements in-house.
It subsequently hired Clemmow Hornby Inge to undertake a one-off creative strategy consultancy project for the company, although it continues to handle the majority of its advertising in-house. Its radio advertising, however, is handled by Radioville.
Pete Edwards, the managing director of Starcom Motive, said he was unaware of a review and no one from TKMaxx would comment.
TK Maxx is the European operation of TJK Companies, which runs the largest clothing retailer in the US under the TJ Maxx name. The company also owns the US retailers Marshalls, Home Goods, AJ Wright and Bob's Stores.
In 2003, TJK Companies reported revenues of $13.3 billion after sales rose by 1 per cent in the year. TJK Companies has plans to launch its TK Maxx stores into continental Europe. As well as clothes, TK Maxx sells shoes and homewares.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Brand Engagement & Experiential Marketing Stonor £35-45K Dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- CRM Manager - Beauty - London Salt £40000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Copywriter Ninesharp £125 - £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Operations Data Analyst DataTech Negotiable Salary + Benefits, London (Greater)