Garnett hits back at anonymous critics as AFVPA battles on
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
The Advertising Film and Videotape Producers’ Association has rebuffed anonymous accusations that it is falling apart under the strain of the ad industry’s row with the actors’ union, Equity.
The Advertising Film and Videotape Producers’ Association has
rebuffed anonymous accusations that it is falling apart under the strain
of the ad industry’s row with the actors’ union, Equity.
Since the AFVPA was kicked out of the Joint Equity Negotiating Group
(Campaign, last week), there has been talk of production companies
setting up an alternative body or bypassing the AFVPA entirely to talk
directly with the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising and the
Incorporated Society of British Advertisers.
But Cecilia Garnett, the chairman of the AFVPA, said: ’People love to
criticise trade associations, but they are mostly people who don’t have
much to do with us.’
As well as the Equity dispute over voiceover fees, the AFVPA has been
involved in a dispute with the Creative Directors Forum about the cost
and transparency of commercials production.
This dispute is expected to set the AFVPA an even harsher examination
than the Equity row.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Designer - Award winning agency - c£30k central London Fill Recruitment Ltd Central London, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Graduate Account Planner Havas EHS £16,000 + relocation , Cirencester, Cotswolds.
- Commercial Strategist - one of the fastest growing global innovation agencies Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Web Designer become £38K, Hertfordshire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account