Tip for the top: Determination
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2004 12:00AM
Any roll call of advice on how to succeed in business - any business - has one over-riding tip. But it's a tip easily forgotten, easily abandoned when confidence flags, easily undervalued when set alongside skills and professional qualifications. Yet without this, all the confidence, expertise and qualifications don't count for very much:
Keep on trying
- Know what your goals are.
- Work out how best to achieve them.
- Articulate this vision with a passion that will inspire those around you.
- Keep pushing towards your goals with a doggedness and energy that no amount of knocks can dent.
- Don't settle for second best, or for coming second.
- Have the courage to tackle obstacles and confidence to overcome them.
- Striving for something is the biggest part of achieving.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film