Tip for the top: Determination
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2004 12:00AM
Any roll call of advice on how to succeed in business - any business - has one over-riding tip. But it's a tip easily forgotten, easily abandoned when confidence flags, easily undervalued when set alongside skills and professional qualifications. Yet without this, all the confidence, expertise and qualifications don't count for very much:
Keep on trying
- Know what your goals are.
- Work out how best to achieve them.
- Articulate this vision with a passion that will inspire those around you.
- Keep pushing towards your goals with a doggedness and energy that no amount of knocks can dent.
- Don't settle for second best, or for coming second.
- Have the courage to tackle obstacles and confidence to overcome them.
- Striving for something is the biggest part of achieving.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood