Tip for the top: Determination
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2004 12:00AM
Any roll call of advice on how to succeed in business - any business - has one over-riding tip. But it's a tip easily forgotten, easily abandoned when confidence flags, easily undervalued when set alongside skills and professional qualifications. Yet without this, all the confidence, expertise and qualifications don't count for very much:
Keep on trying
- Know what your goals are.
- Work out how best to achieve them.
- Articulate this vision with a passion that will inspire those around you.
- Keep pushing towards your goals with a doggedness and energy that no amount of knocks can dent.
- Don't settle for second best, or for coming second.
- Have the courage to tackle obstacles and confidence to overcome them.
- Striving for something is the biggest part of achieving.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Adam Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media