Tip for the top: Determination
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 October 2004 12:00AM
Any roll call of advice on how to succeed in business - any business - has one over-riding tip. But it's a tip easily forgotten, easily abandoned when confidence flags, easily undervalued when set alongside skills and professional qualifications. Yet without this, all the confidence, expertise and qualifications don't count for very much:
Keep on trying
- Know what your goals are.
- Work out how best to achieve them.
- Articulate this vision with a passion that will inspire those around you.
- Keep pushing towards your goals with a doggedness and energy that no amount of knocks can dent.
- Don't settle for second best, or for coming second.
- Have the courage to tackle obstacles and confidence to overcome them.
- Striving for something is the biggest part of achieving.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Manager - Exciting new agency opportunity ADLIB Up to c.£25k, Bath
- Planning Director SYLEX Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Interim National Account Manager - Wholesale and C&C Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive + Car, North West England
- Email Marketing and CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 per annum + excellent benefits, Milton Keynes
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media