MGM sets up management team separate from partners
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
Manning Gottlieb Media has created a seven-strong management team to act independently of the managing partners, Colin Gottlieb and Nick Manning.
Manning Gottlieb Media has created a seven-strong management team
to act independently of the managing partners, Colin Gottlieb and Nick
This is a radical shift for the agency which has relied solely on the
force of Gottlieb and Manning for pitches and negotiations. The
exclusion of the partners from the team also leaves the way clear for
them to consider other options in the next few years.
The team will be made up of three existing board directors: Hilary
Taylor, Robert Ffytch and Matt James; the existing associate director,
John McGeogh; and three newly promoted associate directors: Keith
Rattray, John Gittings and Charlotte Khan. The team will pitch for new
business ’according to the account’s size and significance,’ Gottlieb
He added: ’We’re not changing our brand but we are saying to our staff
’guys, this is your company too’. The team will challenge Nick and
myself, but at the same time allow us to concentrate more on the
business we are already working on.
’When you look at the responsibilities the team has in its day-to-day
dealings, they have more contact with the clients than we do.
’When our business centres around some of our clients - Eurostar, for
instance, which is looked after by John Gittings - it makes sense to
give the team more of an opinion on who we are and where we’re
The management team covers a large proportion of MGM’s accounts,
including Nike, Goldfish, Virgin Direct, Tussauds Group, Sony
Playstation, Virgin Atlantic, Eurostar, VirginNet, Britannia Building
Society and Virgin Vie.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London