MGM sets up management team separate from partners
By ELEANOR TRICKETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
Manning Gottlieb Media has created a seven-strong management team to act independently of the managing partners, Colin Gottlieb and Nick Manning.
Manning Gottlieb Media has created a seven-strong management team
to act independently of the managing partners, Colin Gottlieb and Nick
This is a radical shift for the agency which has relied solely on the
force of Gottlieb and Manning for pitches and negotiations. The
exclusion of the partners from the team also leaves the way clear for
them to consider other options in the next few years.
The team will be made up of three existing board directors: Hilary
Taylor, Robert Ffytch and Matt James; the existing associate director,
John McGeogh; and three newly promoted associate directors: Keith
Rattray, John Gittings and Charlotte Khan. The team will pitch for new
business ’according to the account’s size and significance,’ Gottlieb
He added: ’We’re not changing our brand but we are saying to our staff
’guys, this is your company too’. The team will challenge Nick and
myself, but at the same time allow us to concentrate more on the
business we are already working on.
’When you look at the responsibilities the team has in its day-to-day
dealings, they have more contact with the clients than we do.
’When our business centres around some of our clients - Eurostar, for
instance, which is looked after by John Gittings - it makes sense to
give the team more of an opinion on who we are and where we’re
The management team covers a large proportion of MGM’s accounts,
including Nike, Goldfish, Virgin Direct, Tussauds Group, Sony
Playstation, Virgin Atlantic, Eurostar, VirginNet, Britannia Building
Society and Virgin Vie.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel