’Lifeboat’ Martin quits Abbott Mead for Saatchis post
By MICHELE MARTIN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
Greg Martin, one of the creative team behind Alka Seltzer’s award-winning ’life-boat’ commercial, is quitting Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to become a senior art director at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Greg Martin, one of the creative team behind Alka Seltzer’s
award-winning ’life-boat’ commercial, is quitting Abbott Mead Vickers
BBDO to become a senior art director at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Martin, who split with his creative partner, Pat Doherty, when she left
to join Bartle Bogle Hegarty in October, will work at Saatchis with Mike
McKenna across key accounts.
The move will realise a long-held ambition of the pair - who are friends
- to work together. ’Mike’s one of the best thinkers in the business,’
Martin explained. ’Saatchis is a very hungry agency at the moment. D&AD
is one of its priorities, and it’s one of mine too.’
Adam Kean, a joint executive creative director at Saatchis, said that he
approached Martin after hearing that his partner had left for BBH.
’He’s got a very good reel, simple ideas, and he’s very experienced,’
Apart from ’lifeboat’, which picked up a gold at Cannes this year,
Martin is known for his ’madness’ commercial for Volvo which received
three D&AD nominations in 1995.
Martin started in advertising at Holmes Knight Ritchie in 1984 after
completing a course at Reading Art College. He moved to Ted Bates a year
later, before switching again to AMV, where he has stayed almost ten
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency