’Lifeboat’ Martin quits Abbott Mead for Saatchis post
By MICHELE MARTIN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
Greg Martin, one of the creative team behind Alka Seltzer’s award-winning ’life-boat’ commercial, is quitting Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to become a senior art director at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Greg Martin, one of the creative team behind Alka Seltzer’s
award-winning ’life-boat’ commercial, is quitting Abbott Mead Vickers
BBDO to become a senior art director at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Martin, who split with his creative partner, Pat Doherty, when she left
to join Bartle Bogle Hegarty in October, will work at Saatchis with Mike
McKenna across key accounts.
The move will realise a long-held ambition of the pair - who are friends
- to work together. ’Mike’s one of the best thinkers in the business,’
Martin explained. ’Saatchis is a very hungry agency at the moment. D&AD
is one of its priorities, and it’s one of mine too.’
Adam Kean, a joint executive creative director at Saatchis, said that he
approached Martin after hearing that his partner had left for BBH.
’He’s got a very good reel, simple ideas, and he’s very experienced,’
Apart from ’lifeboat’, which picked up a gold at Cannes this year,
Martin is known for his ’madness’ commercial for Volvo which received
three D&AD nominations in 1995.
Martin started in advertising at Holmes Knight Ritchie in 1984 after
completing a course at Reading Art College. He moved to Ted Bates a year
later, before switching again to AMV, where he has stayed almost ten
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business