Banks unveils Virgin Interactive poster blitz
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
Virgin Interactive is spending pounds 500,000 on a single week’s poster blitz to promote three games in the run-up to Christmas. The work, through Banks Hoggins O’Shea, will run on 3,000 sites nationwide.
Virgin Interactive is spending pounds 500,000 on a single week’s
poster blitz to promote three games in the run-up to Christmas. The
work, through Banks Hoggins O’Shea, will run on 3,000 sites
The ads, which launch on 16 December, comprise three separate campaigns
created for Streetfighter, Resident Evil and Bladerunner.
For the latest 3D version of Streetfighter, a game in which players
choose a character with particular skills to take on an array of
baddies, the posters suggest that the only way to replicate the
adrenalin rush of the game is to stand in the street and shout something
controversial. ’Northern gits’ is the phrase proposed in posters on all
streets in the North of England, while posters in the South suggest
Bladerunner is based on the cult film of the same name which tells the
futuristic story of bounty hunters who track down and ’retire’ so-called
replicants, which look like humans, but are not. The posters are
One execution shows the prostrate figure of a replicant over the
headline: ’I had to get this guy out of my hair. Fingernails ...
carpet ...’, while another features a similar body and the words: ’It
takes guts to do what I do. Theirs.’
Markham Smith wrote and Richard Dennison art directed the Streetfighter
posters, while the Bladerunner executions were written by Bryn Attewell,
art directed by Mark Robinson and photographed by Lee Jenkins. Media for
the campaign was planned and bought by Banks Hoggins.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London