Channel 5’s teletext facility calls in two for 1998 campaign
By Our Parliamentary correspondent, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 December 1997 12:00AM
5Text, the teletext service running on Channel 5, is to launch a consumer advertising campaign in the new year and has appointed the Design Clinic and Universal McCann to handle it.
5Text, the teletext service running on Channel 5, is to launch a
consumer advertising campaign in the new year and has appointed the
Design Clinic and Universal McCann to handle it.
The company, a joint venture between BSkyB and Channel 5, is planning a
pounds 2 million ad blitz in January in a bid to draw in consumers
looking for a holiday package.
The Design Clinic, which developed the 5Text corporate identity and
works on BSkyB’s advertising, will handle the creative work for the
It has already created a trade press push for the text service.
Universal is BSkyB’s media buying agency of record and was closely
involved in drawing up the 5Text marketing plan and defining the core
target audiences for the new service.
The two agencies are now working on the January advertising, which will
run across all major media. A television campaign on Channel 5 will
direct viewers to the text service, with commercials slotted into
high-profile programmes such as exclusive football coverage and
Selected magazines will carry long-term campaigns for the 5Text service,
while press ads will also run in travel supplements, TV listings titles
and holiday magazines. The activity will be topped up with national and
local radio ads during the peak holiday buying season.
Robbie Alexander, the sales director at 5Text, said that the new
campaign was designed ’to motivate text users to consider 5Text as the
first stop on any holiday or journey’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire