AMV tackles global brief for BBC World
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 November 2004 12:00AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has cemented its position on the BBC roster by landing a global assignment for the international television news service BBC World.
The agency is currently developing integrated ideas for the project, which it was handed without a pitch.
The work, which will launch in early 2005, will help the service compete with a growing number of rivals in the sector, including organisations such as CNN, Aljazeera, Bloomberg and Sky News.
Although part of the corporation, BBC World is commercially funded. The service, which doesn't broadcast in the UK, reaches 274 million homes worldwide and features news, business, weather and sport alongside selected BBC shows such as Panorama and Top Gear.
AMV has been a BBC roster agency since December 2000 and has produced work across the corporation's portfolio of channels, including the "rush hour" spot and, more recently, a promotion for the BBC1 show Who Do You Think You Are?.
The move will not affect the rest of the BBC's roster, which includes Fallon and DFGW.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands