Vodafone unveils global 3G assault with 'mobisodes'
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 November 2004 08:00AM
LONDON - Vodafone launched a new challenge to its rivals Orange and Hutchison this week, unveiling its 3G service which offers consumers the first chance to view made-for-mobile drama on their phones.
Backed by a large-scale advertising campaign created by J.Walter Thompson, Vodafone 3G goes live in 13 countries with specially developed "mobisodes" from 20th Century Fox, containing one-minute clips from the hit series 24 starring Kiefer Sutherland. The adspend in the UK is £15 million.
Vodafone aims to sign up 10m receivers by 2006.
The technology, which builds on the existing Vodafone Live! service, will also enable users to watch movie, sport, TV and music clips, as well as browse the internet, play high-quality games and download music.
The service, which will reach 60% of the UK population initially, is aimed at the youth market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Manager - Client Side! Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Manager Dot-Gap €50k , Amsterdam
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Display Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central