US poker firm calls pitch for UK debut
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 November 2004 12:00AM
The US online gaming provider Ultimate Poker is holding a pitch for an £8 million integrated ad account as it prepares to launch into the UK when gaming rules are relaxed next year.
The company is using the AAR to help it appoint a creative, direct marketing, media and PR agency. It intends its UK debut to coincide with a shake-up of gambling laws that is expected to pave the way for an influx of US casino owners and gambling outlets.
Tessa Jowell, the Culture Secretary, has defended the plans to liberalise Britain's gaming laws, which could see casinos open 24 hours a day and able to run advertising for the first time.
Gambling in the UK is currently worth more than £60 billion each year.
The brief for the pitch is to devise a through-the-line brand campaign to raise awareness of the services offered by UltimatePoker. Ultimatebet. com, its website, offers online tournaments including poker and seven-card stud, along with tips from professionals and chat rooms. It has operated in the US since 2000.
In the UK, Ultimate Poker will compete against 888 and ParadisePoker, with advertising fronted by the model Caprice, in a rapidly expanding market. As part of the gaming bill, websites operating from within the UK could be forced to impose compulsory age checks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'