Diary: On the QT ...
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 November 2004 12:00AM
The latest report from the Ofcom adjudicator, David Connolly, covering the second and third quarters of the year, has been eagerly awaited. So how many TV dealing complaints has the adjudicator been forced to adjudicate on? Erm, none. But don't worry, Connolly has kept himself occupied. The report announces triumphantly that the Office of the Adjudicator now has a dedicated website. Time for a rest, surely ... Will the threat to Young & Rubicam's tenure of the £40 million Jaguar global account change Sir Martin Sorrell's choice of cars? According to the latest edition of European Business, the WPP group chief executive is the proud owner of a chauffeur-driven Jaguar XJ. The top model costs around £72,000 ... Not that WPP shareholders need worry about corporate profligacy. QT can confirm the generous case of wine given to attendees of Mediaedge:cia's global conference in Rome came from its chief executive Mainardo de Nardis' own vineyard ... Word is that Rupert Howell was quite a hit with the ladies on the dancefloor at the McCann Erickson Christmas bash. So much so that one over-zealous account manager went for a grope of the Howell manhood.
However, the agency chairman was determined to protect his modesty. "No dear, you can't do that," he snapped ... No lonely nights for Paul Silburn when he quits TBWA\London to be Fallon's North American executive creative director in Minneapolis. Fallon will also be hiring his girlfriend, the DDB London senior creative Lovisa Almgren ... Kate Stanners hasn't wasted any time after the BoymeetsgirlS&J debacle. QT wonders if, having resurfaced at Saatchi & Saatchi this week, she's had her fill of working with her husband David Pemsel or if it's a shoo-in for him too ... They are a demanding lot at 180 in Amsterdam. The agency's ad for a creative director on the IPA online jobs site runs to almost 400 words. Candidates must conform to 180's "no assholes" policy, submit work "that would be the envy of most people in the industry" and hold a passport from either a European Union country or from Norway, Lichtenstein or Iceland.
- Got a diary story? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (020) 8267 4656.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'