Universal McCann's Stewart to head Cannes media jury
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 November 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Mark Stewart, the executive vice-president and chief strategy officer of Universal McCann, has been selected as the president of the Media Lions jury at the 2005 Cannes International Advertising Festival.
Terry Savage, the chief executive of the Cannes International Advertising Festival, said: "Media Lions is one of the most complex competitions to judge, therefore Mark's credentials and previous judging experience position him ideally for the role as Media Lions jury president."
Stewart joined Universal McCann in 1995 as media director, overseeing all New York accounts. In 1997, he was promoted to North American media director and more recently was promoted to chief strategy officer.
"I am extremely honoured and excited to accept this position, and the responsibility to build on the tremendous momentum of the Media Lions. In our current and evolving media landscape, promoting, developing, recognising and celebrating creativity and innovation in message distribution, as well as creative content, is critical to the future of client and our success," Stewart said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Agency Sales - Management Aspire £40000 - £60000 per annum + 50% commission, London
- Hospitality Sales Executive f1 Recruitment Up to £28,000 plus 35% bonus, London
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European Brand Manager - Consumer Brands Stopgap £42000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Database Co-Ordinator Stopgap £20000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'