Universal McCann's Stewart to head Cannes media jury
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 November 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Mark Stewart, the executive vice-president and chief strategy officer of Universal McCann, has been selected as the president of the Media Lions jury at the 2005 Cannes International Advertising Festival.
Terry Savage, the chief executive of the Cannes International Advertising Festival, said: "Media Lions is one of the most complex competitions to judge, therefore Mark's credentials and previous judging experience position him ideally for the role as Media Lions jury president."
Stewart joined Universal McCann in 1995 as media director, overseeing all New York accounts. In 1997, he was promoted to North American media director and more recently was promoted to chief strategy officer.
"I am extremely honoured and excited to accept this position, and the responsibility to build on the tremendous momentum of the Media Lions. In our current and evolving media landscape, promoting, developing, recognising and celebrating creativity and innovation in message distribution, as well as creative content, is critical to the future of client and our success," Stewart said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood