Universal McCann's Stewart to head Cannes media jury
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 November 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Mark Stewart, the executive vice-president and chief strategy officer of Universal McCann, has been selected as the president of the Media Lions jury at the 2005 Cannes International Advertising Festival.
Terry Savage, the chief executive of the Cannes International Advertising Festival, said: "Media Lions is one of the most complex competitions to judge, therefore Mark's credentials and previous judging experience position him ideally for the role as Media Lions jury president."
Stewart joined Universal McCann in 1995 as media director, overseeing all New York accounts. In 1997, he was promoted to North American media director and more recently was promoted to chief strategy officer.
"I am extremely honoured and excited to accept this position, and the responsibility to build on the tremendous momentum of the Media Lions. In our current and evolving media landscape, promoting, developing, recognising and celebrating creativity and innovation in message distribution, as well as creative content, is critical to the future of client and our success," Stewart said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad