Universal McCann's Stewart to head Cannes media jury
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 November 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Mark Stewart, the executive vice-president and chief strategy officer of Universal McCann, has been selected as the president of the Media Lions jury at the 2005 Cannes International Advertising Festival.
Terry Savage, the chief executive of the Cannes International Advertising Festival, said: "Media Lions is one of the most complex competitions to judge, therefore Mark's credentials and previous judging experience position him ideally for the role as Media Lions jury president."
Stewart joined Universal McCann in 1995 as media director, overseeing all New York accounts. In 1997, he was promoted to North American media director and more recently was promoted to chief strategy officer.
"I am extremely honoured and excited to accept this position, and the responsibility to build on the tremendous momentum of the Media Lions. In our current and evolving media landscape, promoting, developing, recognising and celebrating creativity and innovation in message distribution, as well as creative content, is critical to the future of client and our success," Stewart said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Global Midweight Graphic Designer Source £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Designer Source £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager Source £200 - £220 per day, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy