MindShare scoops Campaign of Year for Nike Freestyle
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 November 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - MindShare's Nike 'freestyle' campaign won top honours at last night's Campaign Media Awards, sponsored by Yahoo!.
The multimedia campaign was lauded for helping Nike record best-ever UK profits. It won Media Campaign of the Year and Best Travel and Leisure Campaign.
Media Achiever of the Year went to Simon Kelner, The Independent's editor. Kelner oversaw the launch of its compact version, which, one year on, has boosted paid-for sales by 25%.
JCDecaux won Outdoor Sales Team of the Year for the third year running. The Telegraph Group won Print Sales Team and ids, the sales arm of Flextech TV and UKTV, won Broadcast Sales Team.
The chairman of the judges, Walker Media's Phil Georgiadis, said the awards stirred debate over who should take credit for a campaign's success. He said media agencies "have spent the last few decades scaling the mountain of respectability and authority", and added: "If anything, these awards confirm the emergence of the media owner as media planner."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London