MindShare scoops Campaign of Year
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 2004 12:00AM
MindShare's Nike "freestyle" campaign won top honours at last night's Campaign Media Awards, sponsored by Yahoo!.
The multimedia campaign was lauded for helping Nike record best-ever UK profits. It won Media Campaign of the Year and Best Travel and Leisure Campaign.
Media Achiever of the Year went to Simon Kelner, The Independent's editor. Kelner oversaw the launch of its compact version, which, one year on, has boosted paid-for sales by 25 per cent.
JCDecaux won Outdoor Sales Team of the Year for the third year running.
The Telegraph Group won Print Sales Team and ids, the sales arm of Flextech TV and UKTV, won Broadcast Sales Team.
The chairman of the judges, Walker Media's Phil Georgiadis, said the awards stirred debate over who should take credit for a campaign's success.
He said media agencies "have spent the last few decades scaling the mountain of respectability and authority", and added: "If anything, these awards confirm the emergence of the media owner as media planner."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire