MindShare scoops Campaign of Year
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 November 2004 12:00AM
MindShare's Nike "freestyle" campaign won top honours at last night's Campaign Media Awards, sponsored by Yahoo!.
The multimedia campaign was lauded for helping Nike record best-ever UK profits. It won Media Campaign of the Year and Best Travel and Leisure Campaign.
Media Achiever of the Year went to Simon Kelner, The Independent's editor. Kelner oversaw the launch of its compact version, which, one year on, has boosted paid-for sales by 25 per cent.
JCDecaux won Outdoor Sales Team of the Year for the third year running.
The Telegraph Group won Print Sales Team and ids, the sales arm of Flextech TV and UKTV, won Broadcast Sales Team.
The chairman of the judges, Walker Media's Phil Georgiadis, said the awards stirred debate over who should take credit for a campaign's success.
He said media agencies "have spent the last few decades scaling the mountain of respectability and authority", and added: "If anything, these awards confirm the emergence of the media owner as media planner."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Junior Account Manager - Software Support Ultimate Asset £20000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Technical Product Manager JV Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Skipton
- Qualitative Directors looking for innovative solutions Elizabeth Norman International $115000 - $150000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity